We’ve made finding the perfect plus size interview outfit easy. Whether you’re heading for a formal, casual, or smart-casual interview, we want you to look and feel as confident as possible. We’ve rounded up a number of outfits that will compliment your shape whilst leaving you feeling confident and stylish, sound good? Whether you’re looking for interview inspiration or you just want to amp up your working wardrobe, you’re in the right place.
What To Wear To A Formal Interview
- You want to dress to impress, but for a formal interview it’s best to stay safe and stick to neutral tones like black or grey with a pop of subtle colour.
- Stick to the classics, a blazer and smart trousers. These straight leg trousers will flatter your curves, whilst bringing you in at the waist to create a professional look. Pop a coloured blouse on under your blazer to allow your personality to shine through, we’re loving this bang on-trend burgunday bow blouse at the moment.
- If two pieces aren’t your vibe, opt for a dress. This printed dress is an appropriate length for a formal environment and will have you feeling comfortable and professional at the same time!
What To Wear For A Smart-Casual Interview
- Lots of companies now have a ‘smart-casual’ dress code, make sure you research the company you are interviewing at to get a sense of their company culture – tailor your outfit to this. If you’re interviewing at a more creative company, don’t be afraid to inject some personality into your look.
- We love these tapered trousers as a more casual alternative, they’re flattering and fashionable, giving you the confidence to ace your interview. A more floaty option is a pair of cropped culottes (a staple for any work wardrobe FYI).
- Pair with a colourful blouse to add a splash of colour to your look, add a finishing touch to your outfit with a smart coat or jacket. A belted jacket will bring you in at the waist, creating an hourglass figure and will polish off your outfit perfectly,
What To Wear For A Casual Interview
- If you’ve got an interview in retail, particularly fashion retail you have more opportunity to show your own personal style. Retail companies tend to have a more relaxed dress code (don’t forget to do your research!).
- Put the suit away and get out a plus size patterned shirt dress. This black and white print looks effortlessly smart and will leave you feeling comfortable and confident.
- Not feeling a dress? These check trousers are perfect for a more casual interview. They’re bang on trend, yet they still add a professional edge to your outfit. Paired with a simple long sleeve top or a more statement coloured jumper you’ll be good to go!
Wide Fit Shoes To Wear To A Interview
- This season we will be living in loafers. They’re the ultimate fail-safe shoe for interviews and work. Add to any outfit to instantly look smart and add professionalism to your look. We’re particularly liking these very on-trend faux leather pair.
- These chunky soled brogues are perfect for adding some personality to a more simple interview outfit, they’ll look fab with cropped trousers.
- You cannot go wrong with a simple wide fit ballerina pumps, a super comfy staple item for any work wardrobe.
- If you’re confident enough to wear heels – these heeled boots are a perfect option to have you standing tall! They have a comfy block heel to give you all the height you need to walk with confidence. Pair with a printed dress for an ultimate power look.
Shop Wide Fit Shoes
Interview & Workplace Accessories
- If you’ve opted for an all black/monochrome outfit, an easy way to add a pop of colour is with one of our patterned scarves. Add as a final touch to your outfit to let your personality shine through!
- Everyone needs a staple black work bag, This shoulder bag is also perfect for a interview, it adds professionalism to any look. After a smaller bag? Look to this quilted bag for an effortlessly glam accessory.
- With jewellery, it’s best to keep it simple. Don’t wear any jewellery that makes a noise or that could distract your interviewer from what you are saying.
If you look good, you’ll feel good. Be confident, we’re sure you will smash your interview. Good luck girls!
Want to browse more workwear? Shop our full plus size workwear collection.
Don’t forget to head over to our social channels and show us how you’re styling your interview outfits! Tag us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #ThisIsYours for a chance to be featured.